Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Upgrade firmware or not?

  1. #1

    Default Upgrade firmware or not?

    Hi, I'm considering buying the cable to update the firmware on my 2 DTR650's (current firmware R5E.06.02, codeplug version CP03.10.10). If I do this should I expect any real difference?

  2. #2
    Administrator Andy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    629
    Blog Entries
    15
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: Upgrade firmware or not?

    Check the documents I've posted to see the new features and decide whether the upgrade would be worth it.
    -Andy

  3. #3

    Default Re: Upgrade firmware or not?

    If nothing else, it's handy to be able to load the same version in all your DTRs. Makes programming a little bit simpler. If you're buying them all new, that might not be a problem... but if you're scavenging them off eBay when you can, you're pretty much guaranteed to wind up with a mixed bag.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    BC Lower Mainland
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Upgrade firmware or not?

    What is the latest firmware/codeplug? I have four DTR650's and theya re all R5E.06.05 / CP03.10.13.

  5. #5
    Administrator Andy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    629
    Blog Entries
    15
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: Upgrade firmware or not?

    Not sure about the Codeplug (or even how to update that) but the latest firmware is R5E.06.05.
    -Andy

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    BC Lower Mainland
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Upgrade firmware or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Not sure about the Codeplug (or even how to update that) but the latest firmware is R5E.06.05.
    Thanks.. it appears the FW hasn't been updated for at least a year... probably means no reason to (which is good)

  7. #7
    Administrator Andy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    629
    Blog Entries
    15
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: Upgrade firmware or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by medtech1 View Post
    Thanks.. it appears the FW hasn't been updated for at least a year... probably means no reason to (which is good)
    2011 was the last update. I very much doubt there will be any further updates.
    -Andy

  8. #8

    Default Re: Upgrade firmware or not?

    Andy,

    Thanks for the information!

    Duane

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. M7 firmware, editor 3/1/10
    By Tim Tyler in forum Yamaha
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-07-2010, 11:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •